Mariana: Deep Neural Networks should be Easy to Write¶
- More examples and presentation material available here.
- YouTube presentation (english).
- YouTube presentation (french).
ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn
Why is it cool?¶
If you can draw it, you can write it.
Mariana provides an interface so simple and intuitive that writing models becomes a breeze. Networks are graphs of connected layers and that allows for the craziest deepest architectures you can think of, as well as for a super light and clean interface. The paradigm is simple create layers and connect them using ‘>’. Plugging per layer regularizations, costs and things such as dropout and custom initilisations is also super easy.
Here’s a snippet for an instant MLP with dropout, ReLU units and L1 regularization:
import Mariana.activations as MA import Mariana.decorators as MD import Mariana.layers as ML import Mariana.costs as MC import Mariana.regularizations as MR import Mariana.scenari as MS ls = MS.GradientDescent(lr = 0.01) cost = MC.NegativeLogLikelihood() i = ML.Input(28*28, name = "inputLayer") h = ML.Hidden(300, activation = MA.ReLU(), decorators = [MD.BinomialDropout(0.2)], regularizations = [ MR.L1(0.0001) ]) o = ML.SoftmaxClassifier(9, learningScenario = ls, costObject = cost, regularizations = [ MR.L1(0.0001) ]) MLP = i > h > o
Here are some full fledged examples.
Mariana also supports trainers that encapsulate the whole training to make things even easier.
So in short:
- no YAML
- completely modular and extendable
- use the trainer to encapsulate your training in a safe environement
- write your models super fast
- save your models and resume training
- export your models into DOT format to obtain clean and easy to communicate graphs
- free your imagination and experiment
- no requirements concerning the format of the datasets
Mariana is an extendable framework that provides abstract classes allowing you to define new types of layers, learning scenarios, costs, stop criteria, recorders and trainers. Feel free to taylor it to your needs.
- Training, Testing and Driving Nets in Mariana
- Running on GPU
- Tips and FAQs